Bodies of the ICC Slovakia
- The Council of the Committee members is the supreme body. The meetings of the Council shall be attended by statutory representatives or by their representatives authorised by letter.
- The scope of power of the Council shall include the following:
- adoption of the Committee Statutes and amendments or supplements thereof
- approval of the main tasks and the budget of the Committee
- approval of the annual report and the financial result achieved by the Committee
- adoption of decisions on the use of a revenue surplus if the Committee generates a positive result
- preparation of the Membership Code setting the membership fees, the payment method and the subscription charges for the services of the Committee
- identification and definition of competence and the scope of power of the Committee Council, the appointment and removal of members of the aforementioned body
- appointment and removal of the President of the Committee
- appointment and removal of the members of the Supervisory Board of the Committee
- acceptance of Committee members; the Council shall have the right to delegate its authority of accepting new members to the Executive Board for the interim period between two Council meetings; the Executive Board shall notify the members of any new member acceptance
- adoption of decisions on the exclusion of Committee member
- delegation of Committee members to the bodies of ICC
- adoption of decisions on the creation of new Committee assisting organs and expert commissions and on their mission and management
- adoption of decisions on rewards and compensation for the Committee Chairman, Executive Board members and Supervisory Board members
- adoption of the decisions on the dissolution of the Committee
- adoption of decisions on other issues reserved by and for the Council
- The Council shall be summoned by the President of the Committee at least once a year. The Committee President shall summon an extraordinary meeting within one month upon the receipt of a written request from at least one third of the Committee members or the Supervisory Board. The Committee President shall also summon an extraordinary meeting of the Council for decisions on the competencies of the Council and on urgent matters.
- The Council agenda shall be proposed by the Executive Board of the Committee. Furthermore, the Executive Board shall approve all and any documents prepared for the Council meeting prior to their distribution to the Committee members.
The invitation to the Council meeting shall designate the venue, the date, the time and the agenda of the meeting and shall come with all materials relevant for the decision taking process at the meeting. The invitation has to be sent at least 7 days prior to the date of the meeting.
Proposals to supplement and/or amend the Council meeting agenda shall be made a part of the agenda if approved by the absolute majority of present members.
- The Council shall constitute a quorum if the meeting is attended by the simple majority of the Committee members. If the simple majority of the Committee members is not present, the Committee President shall have the right to postpone a meeting to a later date, which has to be announced to all Committee members. Decisions at the meeting shall be adopted by a simple majority of votes.
- Each founding and ordinary member of the Committee shall have one vote per voting. If not stipulated otherwise in the Statute, the Council passes decisions with a simple majority of votes. Honourable members have a non-voting status.
- A three-quarter majority of votes is required in the following cases:
- appointment and removal of the Committee President
- adoption of statutes, amendments and supplements thereof
- decision on the dissolution of the Committee
- The election of the Committee President shall be governed by the following rules: If none of the nominated candidates is elected by a three-quarter majority, the second round of elections shall be held with those two candidates, who have received the highest number of votes in the previous election. The candidate receiving the absolute majority of votes shall be appointed the Committee Chairman. If none of the candidates receives the majority of votes, a new election of the Committee President shall be held at an extraordinary Council meeting summoned within one month after the failed elections. This meeting shall be held especially for this purpose. Until the new President is elected, the Secretary General shall act on behalf of and represent the Committee within the limits of the authority conferred to him by the previous President.
- The Council meeting shall be chaired by the Committee President or by a designated member of the Executive Board.
- In accordance with this statute, the first Council meeting shall be the appointing meeting held by the founders.
- The Executive Board is a managing organ of the Committee. It decides on issues and matters of the Committee provided they do not fall under the authority of another organ of the Committee. The number of members shall not exceed seven and members are appointed for a five-year term.
- Executive Board members are appointed by the Council. The Council also determines the authority and the scope of power of the Executive Board. Unlike the members appointed by the Council, the President of the Committee shall be automatically a member of the Executive Board.
- There shall be a minimum of four Executive Board meetings a year.
- The Executive Board reports on its activity to the Council.
- The Executive Board is mainly responsible for:
- meeting the objectives under the Agreement on Establishment of ICC Slovakia concluded between ICC Slovakia and ICC
- managing the property of the Committee
- preparing the materials for Council meetings and implementing Council decisions
- appointing and removing the Secretary General of the Committee
President of the Committee
- The President shall be appointed by the Council for a five-year term.
- The President of the Committee is a statutory organ of the Committee. He shall represent the Committee and act on its behalf with third parties. The President shall sign on behalf of the Committee by affixing his signature to a printed or stamped name of the Committee.
- In voting of the Executive Board, the President shall have the deciding vote in case of an equality of votes.
- The President represents the Committee in employment relations with the Committee employees.
- The President shall have the right to transfer parts of his competencies to the Secretary General.
- The Secretary General is appointed and removed by the Executive Board which also decides on its his reward.
- The work agreement or any other form of agreement for the work relationship with the Secretary General shall be concluded and determined by the President.
- The Secretary General shall act on behalf of the Committee and represent the Committee towards third parties within the limits of the authority conferred to him by the President. Within the limit of his authority, the Secretary General shall also manage the activity of the Committee and of his office.
- The Secretary General reports on his activity to the Council.
- The Supervisory Board consists of three members. A member of the Supervisory Board cannot be a member of the Executive Board or of another body of ICC Slovakia. Members of the Supervisory Board are appointed for a five-year term.
- Members of the Supervisory Board shall be appointed and removed by the Council.
- The Supervisory Board elects its Chairman by a majority vote of its members.
- Meetings of the Supervisory Board are summoned twice a year by its Chairman or by one of its members authorised by the Chairman in writing.